Sunday, October 25, 2009

Zombie Haikus

Which one do you like best???

Something is not right.
If my blood is in puddles,
why do I feel strong?

There's nothing quite like
the pain you feel when dying--
switching to hunger.

My lungs slow and stop,
and I can't find my heartbeat,
but I'm still hungry.

I really need blood.
Moaning "brains!" is hard to do
with a dried out tongue.

Biting into heads
is much harder than it looks.
His skull is feisty.

You'd think I'd get full
eating so many people,
but really, I don't.

Blood is really warm.
It's like drinking hot chocolate
but with more screaming.

Occasional screams
loudly tell me of missed meals
that others found first.

Although we walk slow,
that dead-end alley she chose
will speed up our meal.

I moan to myself
on a deserted highway
under the moonlight.

He tries to stop me
by shooting me in the chest,
but that doesn't work.

Shotguns don't scare me,
which explains why I chased him,
and why I'm one-eared.

More people like us
slowly come from all around
for people like them.

I keep saying "brains."
I remember other words,
but I just need one.

No comments:

Post a Comment